Sunday, August 1, 2010

Best Drugstore Musk Ever: Love's Deep Earthy Musk

Since I came out of the closet and declared my love of Love's Baby Soft... I thought I might share another one of Love's secrets. If you're ever combing through vintage shops and happen to find a bottle of Love's Deep Earthy Musk, grab it! This is the best drugstore musk ever. I think Jovan copied it for their classic musk scent. What makes it special is the Ylang-Ylang and a light touch of patchouli. Warm and lush yet clean, a perfectly rounded musk. 

The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVED Love's Baby Soft back in the day! I remember this too!

Amelia said...

Thanks for commenting Laura- it is a goodie!

Katie Puckrik said...

Love's Deep Earthy Musk is complete news to me! I was a Love's Fresh Lemon child...

Amelia said...

Katie,
Wow, Love's Fresh Lemon... I remember wearing it exclusively during my favorite summer - way back when. Thanks for bring up the fond memory!

northernsky said...

It's been discontinued for 25 plus years, but my mom still mourns its loss! Please let me know if you come across a bottle of Love's Deep Earthy Musk! Mom would be beyond thrilled!
moonstar1975@msn.com
Thank you!
- Gordana