Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers...


Well, not really. Wait a minute... yes, I really do believe in the kindness of strangers; but then, we're not really strangers- how can you be when you've read each others journals? Which brings me to the lovely Suzanne of Suzanne's Perfume Journal. I'm a big fan of her writing which is always full of wit and insight, style and taste- naturally! Suzanne was kind enough to respond to my offer of (or pawning off of, depending on your point of view,) one of the Guerlain vetiver samples plus a couple of other funny/interesting little things from an earlier give-away... In return, she generously (very generously) gifted me with a number of goodies including samples of the entire Puredistance line (I, Antonia and M!) as well as a very lovely example of Caron's Tabac Blond. I wore the Tabac two days this week already and thoroughly enjoyed it despite suffering a wicked head cold. Today, I'm taking a break from all things scented but this may be just the excuse I've needed to turn my attentions back to the perfumes of Caron...

I'll be back with more details (on all of these perfumes) soon. But for now it's off to brave a wet and rainy morning- Happy Thursday to All!

The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

image credit:
William Klein, Smoke and Veil, VOGUE, 1958

No comments: